Wednesday, May 24, 2006

*Laetha Geal M'oige*


Laetha Geal M'óige

(poem I wrote)

OH the hope of youthful mind
Sweet, blissful, purest kind.

Paper white
Smells of love
The night is bright
I see three doves

Innocent
Innocence
Visions are whole
In all their scenes
They glow…and grow

Let the wind blow high and wide
Let waves bring in their wistful tides
Let the sky light up these things
Let me hold tight these beautiful dreams

Na Laetha Geal M’oige

Paper worn
Clenched in hands
Years go by
Time unfolds


Delusions of Grandeur
Visions of fools
Heart on a sleeve
Eyes covered in wool

The wind, the waves, the sky, the dreams
All of my beloved things

Oh how they vanish…

Left with thoughts
Empty hands
Fragments of a sacred plan

And yet…
I know…

The youthful mind
It was
It is

The most precious!
The most noble!
The most beautiful thing!

(I wrote this as I reflected on the dreams and visions we hope for when we are young)