Friday, July 24, 2009

* THAT ACT ALONE...*

Today, here in the great state of Utah, we have celebrated our pioneer heritage. Over the last few weeks, I have thought of them more than I ever have. I have had specific experiences that they had, come to my mind to rally up my hope, my courage and give me the will to keep going. I don't know how they survived the hardships they faced as they came to this great valley because of their faith in the restoration of The Gospel of Jesus Christ. Tongue nor pen can never tell the sorrow and sacrifices they made for that which they believed.

This paticular story of three young men is very sacred to me. I remember seeing this video that recounts their experience for the first time at an Institute class. You could have heard a pin drop as a hush fell over a chapel full of young adults.

I hope you will feel that same spirit too.


"That act alone, will ensure- C. Allen Huntington, George W. Grant and David P. Kimball everlasting salvation in the kingdom of God...world without end."

~Brigham Young