So, I've been begging anybody and everybody to take me to Lake Powell for 8 years! And finally, one day, I got invited by a friend of mine. I jumped on the idea and headed out with 40 strangers into the wild. (Does that sound like Survivor or what? :) Instead of telling my experience in story form...I think I will just share my LIST that I made as the 5 days passed. I think it's say's it all. ha!
- Guy stinking up the car on a 6 hour drive. Nothin' better to break the ice between strangers! hahah
- 40 people on one small house boat? And TWO bathrooms? OH MY HELL!
- "These bathrooms are only to be used to go poo, you pee in the lake!" (Yeah, RIGHT! Those bathrooms will be used by me for both!)
- Thank heavens for my new friend, Sheri. She is super nice and I feel comfortable around her. (She ended up being totally heaven sent!)
- I think I'm the only Albino here. I just got burned on my hands, knees and feet! Stunning!
- Hummus is my new favorite food! YUM!
- I've never seen a guy want to take so many pictures of himself. I think he's taken one with almost every girl AND their bikini. Knarly!
- Everyone knows my sister Pammy or has heard of her. They love her and so do I. I started to cry when someone mentioned her name. (embarrassing)
- "How many guys does it take to dig a hole?" Imagine over 10 guys standing over one hole, each one trying to get their turn at the shovel while trying to show off their bulging muscles. *rolling my eyes*
- Pee Pee Pancakes. The morning cooks accidentally used Lake Water instead of purified water, while mixing the pancake mix. I ate a lot of pancakes before they realized they had done so. ewwwwwwwww! (Please don't let me puke!)
- This music is killing me! RAP + R&B 24 hours a day= Nervous breakdown. Thank heavens for my ipod.
- Orange man doing pushups on top of the cliff...PRICELESS! hahhaha
- I had one of my weekly migraines today. A lady named Gale, who is a massage therapist, took the time to rub my head. I felt so grateful. I was also reminded of the power of touch. At the end of the trip my other friend Steve gave me a foot rub when I was really sick! A big thank you to both of them it was very kind.
- I lost my favorite bracelet while washing my hair in the slimy water. Dang it!
- I've had a couple of long talks with my friend Carly from High School. She is great! Not only is she so funny, but she has so much heart and a deep understanding of life. She "Get's it" and that is rare.
- Some girls had an "Ambien" party in their tent last night. *raised eyebrows*
- Jenny and Steve played the guitar tonight. Both of them are so talented. I love to hear Jenny sing. She's one of the pure souls of the earth.
- Starry starry night...paint your palet blue and grey.
- There are always beautiful sunsets in Powell. Truly Gods country.
- There are some seriously crazy things going on "behind the scenes" here. I'm kind of freaked out.
- "Beware of wolves in sheeps clothing" Geeeeeeeezzz
- This guy got shot in the butt with a potato gun today! So stinking funny! Highlight of the trip!
- So tired of the constant sexual innuendos! Almost every conversation is vulgar and crude. I can't get away from it. I honestly feel violated. Get me out of here!
- I haven't slept more than 14 hours in 4 days! I think this is the longest I've ever gone without sleep. My mind is trippin'.
- Went on a hike alone to get away from all the chaos. Tried to make friends with a lizard...but he ran away. Oh well, I got some great shots! :)
- I have avoided being in 95% of all photographs! (There is good reason!)
- If one more person asks me why I don't like to wake board, I will punch them in the face.
Okay...so that is just SOME of my list! I should probably keep some things to myself...maybe even some of these? But nah, sometimes I gotta just say it how it is. ;)
The last night there was a pretty bad windstorm that came and the boat began to rock. The toilets were full and about ready to overflow. The smell was so bad that everyone ended up sleeping on top of the houseboat except me and one other girl. I was so nausiated from the boat rocking, my headache, lack of sleep and that smell... that I felt I was turning green. I kept thinking of my ancestors coming across to America on the ships and how they were sea sick all the time! I said a silent prayer of gratitude for them. I also thought of the song from Willy Wonka when they are on the boat. It goes like this;
"Round the world and home again
That's the sailor's way
Faster faster, faster faster
There's no earthly way of knowing
Which direction we are going
There's no knowing where we're rowing
Or which way the river's flowing
Is it raining, is it snowing
Is a hurricane a-blowing
Not a speck of light is showing
So the danger must be growing
Are the fires of Hell a-glowing
Is the grisly reaper mowing
Yes, the danger must be growing
For the rowers keep on rowing
And they're certainly not showing
Any signs that they are slowing!!!"
Hahahah Yeah, I was losing it by this time! :)
Anyhow, I finally fell asleep for about 3 hours and then HAD to get out of there to get some fresh air! It was rank! I grabbed my book and sat in a chair until everyone woke up. And well...I think that's enough about my experience. :)
I did make it home to my clean and cute house (Thanx sistas!) and had never been so grateful for my own bed, my own family and my own friends. Now don't get me wrong, there were some super nice people that I met and really enjoyed some of my talks with them...but for the most part, "One of these things was NOT like the others." And it was a tough trip for me. I'm still in recovery! hahha
I got some great photos of a few people and beautiful Lake Powell itself and will attache them to the blog. Also, I will attache the youtube video of Spencer getting nailed by the potato gun. I'm the bronze one on the right! Killer tan!