Tuesday, December 08, 2009

*CHAZTON IS COMING HOME!*

We are all getting excited because Chaz, my nephew, is coming home from his mission in South Africa! For me it seems like he barely left and at the same time we have missed him soooo much. I can't wait to see that bright smile again! I am so proud of him. I keep thinking about this part in the Book of Mormon in which we read of Alma a missionary who returns home and comes across his friends who are coming home from their missions.

Alma 17:1-4

1 And now it came to pass that as Alma was journeying from the land of Gideon southward, away to the land of Manti, behold, to his astonishment, he met with the sons of Mosiah journeying towards the land of Zarahemla.
2 Now these sons of Mosiah were with Alma at the time the angel first appeared unto him; therefore Alma did rejoice exceedingly to see his brethren; and what added more to his joy, they were still his brethren in the Lord; yea, and they had waxed strong in the knowledge of the truth; for they were men of a sound understanding and they had searched the scriptures diligently, that they might know the word of God.
3 But this is not all; they had given themselves to much prayer, and fasting; therefore they had the spirit of prophecy, and the spirit of revelation, and when they taught, they taught with power and authority of God.
4 And they had been teaching the word of God *for the space of fourteen years among the Lamanites, having had much success in bringing many to the knowledge of the truth; yea, by the power of their words many were brought before the altar of God, to call on his name and confess their sins before him.

My nephew, has always been amazing, but through his emails I can tell and feel that he has truly become a man of "sound understanding" and truly a strong and faithful man of God. It will be bittersweet for him to come home. His last email said this;

"Kimmy, I'm doing so good right now and I'm loving this area so much and I'm dreading leaving honestly I'm not feeling to good about it. But at the same time I'm so excited to see you and the family too. The members have been giving us so many people to teach and there are so many great families that are going to be comming into the gospel and believe it or not most of them are from england."
(I think he added that last part because he knows how much I love my English friends).

So as you can tell, this great young man fell in love with the work of teaching Gods children the plan of salvation and has fallen in love with a people/nation in which it will be very hard for him to leave. He has been a bright shining star in a country that has a lot of darkness. He will leave that nation with greater light and knowledge...and he will leave them and his posterity a great legacy. They will never forget him, and HE will NEVER forget them.

Can't wait see you, my beloved nephew.

This photo is of me and Chaz the day he got his mission call to South Africa. We had just returned from a Trip to Fish Lake, Idaho. On the way there I asked him, "Chaz, if you could go anywhere in the world on your mission, where would you want to go?" His response was "AFRICA"...you can imagine the excitement and delight he felt when he read his call. :)