Friday, December 16, 2011

*My blog testifies...*

...that music is POWERFUL.


Through music, a persons ability to express themselves extends to the heavens. Music has changed me, softened me, strengthened me, enlightened me, sustained me, and has been an answer to my prayers a million times. I know I've spoken of this on here before, but God has always been able to reach me through music. Especially on the days where I'm feeling 'unreachable'...he uses music to reach me and speak to my spirit. It has brought peace, joy, encouragement, and understanding. I can't imagine life without it.

Here are a few of my favorite quotes on music;

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."

~Aldous Huxley

"Music is worthless unless it can make a complete stranger break down and cry"

~Imogen Heap

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.

~Plato

Music can change the world because it can change people.

~Bono

Side Note: I also know how music has power to destroy and can bring about deceit, jealousy, rage, hatred, immorality and much more. It can destroy as much as it can save, but that's a post for another day.

Photo taken in Goblin Valley in August of 2008.