Sunday, October 05, 2008

*SMELL OCTOBER*



My little sister sent me a text that said, "Happy October...go smell the air outside for me!" Jen is still living with her family in Vegas so she is missing Utahs Autumn and all the things that come with it.

Because of that text, I decided to make a list of my top favorite things about October/Fall.

1~The changing colors of leaves. I once had a teacher that asked us the question, "Why do the leaves change color? Why don't they just dry up and fall to the ground? Why change color? What does it change?" and then he paused and said, "The only thing it changes is YOU."

"18 Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season thereof, are made for the benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart"

~Doctrine & Covenants 59:17-18

2~ Scarves, sweaters and jackets! There is nothing better then getting out the scarves, sweaters and pea coats! Yay!

3~ My best friends "Sweet potatoe pie"...usually a thanksgiving favorite. But I'm craving it NOW, so when she moves back to 'tah (on the 16th) She WILL make it for me. ahhah

4~ Hot Chocolate...need I say more?

5~ Candles! I heart candles. The one I have right now is *pumpkin spice* It deceives the mind into thinking that something yummy is baking. ha!

6~ Fruits of the season! PEACHES! On friday night, my friend gave me a huge box of hand picked peaches from her peach tree! YUM! The whole way home, my car smelled like them. I have been eating them non-stop and have just found a recipe for peach bread pudding! I'll let you know how it turns out...:)

7~ Fall music. I make a new Autumn playlist every year. It's great for a drive up the canyon on your way to take pictures of leaves and such. :)

8~ Thinking about my halloween costume and how it's going to kick everyones butt in the family halloween contest. Pam and I always rock halloween. (Our family is hardcore when it comes to costumes and everyone is VERY clever.) One of my favorites was my nephew, Chaz, who was dressed or rather undressed to play Tom Cruise in "Risky buisness." He came sliding in the room in a white button up long sleeve shirt that barely covered his undies, WHITE LEGS, his socks, a pair of sunglasses, and a microphone! HYSTERICAL!

~9 Wrapping up in a warm blanket and pulling out a good book to read or a movie. Harry Potter always fits the season to me, so that's what I've done the last couple of days. (read them) I need to find a few more movies and books that "fit" this time of year.

~10 Watching my nieces & nephews eyes light up when they show me all the candy they obtained on Halloween night. Then watching their faces when I ask if I can have one of their "Double Bubbles" and have then HESITANTlY say...okay. :) Gotta love 'em! (I can suddenly see my nephew, Bleu, handing me the wrapper instead like he'd just made a major sacrifice! :) haha

OH...and might I add...smelling the air outside! For me and my sister! :)