Thursday, June 25, 2009

*MICHAEL JACKSON 1958-2009 RIP*

Such a sad day for so many across the globe, including myself. Hearing that Michael Jackson passed away from a cardiac arrest brought true sadness to my heart. I loved him! He was one of my favorite music idols growing up and this poster hung on my wall for a couple of years. I had the opportunity when I was 12 to go with my two friends to Mile High Stadium in Colorado and see him live. Chance of a lifetime and I will never forget it.
I have watched him suffer so much in his life and so often scrutinized for EVERYTHING he did. I don't think he ever had a chance to grow...and obviously in many respects remained child-like his whole life. He really was like a lost little boy. The pressure of having the whole world looking at you, judging you and no chance to really be free can kill anyone. I'm actually surprised he lived as long as he did. It's my heart and the spirit of the Lord that tells me that it was his time to go home to his Heavenly Father and to his Savior, Jesus Christ, where he could find the rest that he so needed! My heart goes out to his children, family and all those who loved him and saw him for the true beautiful soul he was/is.

Rest In Heavenly Peace.

ps. I just read this quote by someone who knew him and I really liked it.

"Rarely has the world received a gift with the magnitude of artistry, talent, and vision as Michael Jackson. He was a true musical icon whose identifiable voice, innovative dance moves, stunning musical versatility, and sheer star power carried him from childhood to worldwide acclaim. A 13-time GRAMMY recipient, Michael’s career transcends musical and cultural genres and his contributions will always keep him in our hearts and memories. We are deeply saddened by this tragic news and our hearts go out to his family and to music lovers around the globe who mourn this great loss."

~Neil Portnow

Side note: I ALWAYS believed that he was falsely accused of abusing children. I specifically remember his interview that he gave before his trial in which he said,

"I would rather slit my own wrist than hurt a child."

At that moment...in my own heart, I felt and KNEW by the gift of the Holy Ghost that was given to me at my baptism, that he was telling the truth.