Wednesday, August 06, 2008

*A HEART ATTACK :)*




When you have an illness, it is really difficult for family & friends to know exactly how to help. I have been on both side's of the fence and I always have searched my heart for way's to lift or help carry the burdens of others. Not always an easy task. But usually, it is the small simple things that actually lift and sustain us the most. A great example came this week from my brothers family. I was so sick and and so frustrated with this neverending battle of depression. It had been several nights since I had slept and that causes a lack of appetite. Which then triggers all the others things. At these moments when I feel I literally can't take one more second, something from heaven will come to strengthen my back and my will to go forward.


I got a text from my niece to go open my front door. And as I did, I saw that it was covered in hearts! They had messages of hope and love for me. My heart was so full and even now it is full of gratitude and thanks for the incredible support system that I have. I keep thinking of when the Lord spoke to the Prophet Joseph in one of his greatest times of need and spoke these words of comfort;


"7 My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;
8 And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.
9 Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands."


D&C 121:17-9


Truly, my friend's & family have stood by me and continue to. I am so thankful!