Saturday, December 13, 2008

*TWILIGHT* CATHRINE HARDWICK GET'S THE BOOT*

So everyone knows that Twilight had a lot of cheesy moments in it and there were a handful of things that were just off that almost ruined it. I think Summit Entertainment recognized this and gave the director, Cathrine Hardwick, the boot. They have now hired director Chris Weitz. He is known for both penning and directing "About a boy" (which is a favorite of mine.) And directed "The Golden Compass" which I never saw. From what I have read about him he is a great visionary when it comes to directing and has won Academy Awards for his visual effects. Fingers are crossed that he will have the ability to make the next Twilight movie, New Moon, into an amazing film and be able to pull off what Catherine couldn't. (Even though I think she is amazing as a person and did the best to her ability.)

Here is a statement from Chris Weitz about him taking on the directing role. I like what he had to say.