Monday, April 12, 2010

*NATHANIEL ALLEN LARSON*


This week I lost one of my dearest friends to suicide. On Easter evening he took his life and left this mortal world into the arms of his LOVING & MERCIFUL Heavenly Father. I was able to say goodbye to Nate that night at the hospital. Although he had been declared brain dead, his heart was still beating and they kept him alive as long as possible because he was an organ donor. I held his hand and kissed it, layed my head on his chest to hear his heart beating and wept as I told him I loved him, how brave he had been all these years, and that he was one of the best friends I ever had...that he actually was one of the only ones besides God who knew the reality of the pain I suffer, never judged me, and knew my heart. We had a special friendship...one in which I will share more about in the following posts. But for now, I would like to post his obituary along with my three favorite photos of him.

"Nathaniel Allen Larson, better known as Nate, died on April 4, 2010 in Orem Utah. Nate was born on July 18, 1977 in Lone Pine California to Pete and Clixie Larson. He is preceded in death by his sister, Natalie (April 10, 2009) and leaves behind his; parents, Pete and Clixie Larson, brother, Aaron and sister, Clixie. Nate served a mission for the LDS church in Sendai, Japan. He received his Bachelor of Science degree from Utah Valley State College, and was currently working on a Masters degree from the University of Phoenix. Nate wanted to become a high school history teacher after graduation. He took tremendous pride in the fact that in two year's time he traveled to the world's seven continents, along with over 20 countries. He had an innate gift of making others laugh, was always the life of the party, and made sure everyone felt welcomed and involved. Nate found joy in providing service to those around him. His greatest service was his choice in being an organ donor. Because of Nate's gift of life, at least five people will receive vital organs. Nate is preceded in death by his sister Natalie, nephew William, niece Zion-Grace and numerous grandparents, great-grandparents, and loved ones. Nate is survived by eight nieces and nephews, in-laws, cousins, aunts and uncles, grandparents, many friends, classmates, and his favorite dog, Flora. There will be a viewing on Saturday, April 10 at 9:30 a.m. followed by a memorial service at 11 a.m. at the LDS Chapel located 4775 N 300 W, Provo UT. His body will be laid to rest in the Orem Public Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in his name at your local Wells Fargo Bank. Condolences and remembrances may be sent to the family at www.sundbergolpinmortuary.com "