Monday, April 26, 2010

*RELEASED*

I will continue to celebrate the life of my friend Nate, as I have done so far. I write my blog for me and also in hopes that maybe one person will find a few things useful and be blessed by it.

This song came to mind as I was looking through my music. I have loved it since it came out a few years back. Being a huge fan of Glen Phillips (from Toad The Wet Sprocket)I continued to find great work from him. This song always gave me hope about the day I personaly would be released from some of my burdens in this mortal life. But as I listened to it again tonight, I pictured it through the eyes of someone returning home to the God that gave them life. Back into the presence of the Lord. Nate has now been released and HAS returned home...his real home.

In my mind I am in a crowded room and the lights are dim. I am on stage to introduce Glen Phillips...:) He comes out, pats me on the head and then say's this;

"Nate, this song is for you. You were released, the gates flew open for you. And not just one, but many people were waiting for you...just like they promised you. Family who have gone before you and all the lives of people you touched both before you came to earth and while you were here. No more tiny room...but a mansion prepared just for you. Enjoy it and Rock on sweet rocker! :) (Okay, I told him to say that last part! ;)



Clouds rumble, earth will shift
Walls tumble, hearts will skip
Things changing
Everywhere but here

Small window, tiny room
Sun hits in the afternoon
For one minute fills this space
Beautiful, illuminated

When I am released
And the gates fly open before me
When I am released
Will you still be waiting for me?

Some look and all they find
Are problems and alibis
But my cup is one sixteenth full
I'm getting there, but the getting's slow

When I am released
And the gates fly open before me
When I am released
Will you still be waiting for me?

When I walk outside I will see the sky
I will leave all this behind
When I walk outside
Sun to warm my skin, friends to take me in
When I walk outside

When I am released
And the gates fly open before me
When I am released
Will you still be waiting for me?