Thursday, September 04, 2008

*LEHI ROLLER MILLS IS CALLLING!*

Footloose is probably one of the greatest movies to ever come out of the 80'z. I loved it! It became one of the greatest classics and is still loved by many. Here are my top 3 reasons why I love it.

A. Kevin Bacon had RAD hair.
B. It was filmed mostly in Lehi (Lehi Roller mills), which was the next town over from where I lived. (Some of the kids in my ward/church were in it!)
C. THE DANCE SCENE!

Being a young dancer at the time, I had never seen anything so kool. I think I played that part over and over a million times. I would practice in my room all the time and dream that I was the one doing that dance scene. It was glorious!

20 years later or so I find myself living in Lehi and STILL wanting to pull off that dance. I am bound and determined to never leave this town without heading over to the 'mills' and strutting my stuff. I've got a tape player, the jeans, the shoez, and the MOVES! Practice makes perfect and I have been practicing. Just now I was going over the routine and I think I broke my shoulder. Okay, probably not...but it hurts. This is not a joke! I'm getting better every day. (I don't know if I can pull off the Gymnastics.)

Now, as part of this blog, I'm going to show you not only THE dance scene, but the spoof on it from Flight of Conchords. If you haven't seen the spoof, prepare yourself to be in a fit of laughter!

Enjoy!

*THE dance*


*THE spoof*


Stay tuned for *MY* video! These guys ain't got nothin' on me!