Thursday, February 03, 2011

*Quote's and thought...*

...some new and some old. My favorite of course is a good preface for this post. The beloved C.S. Lewis stated;

"My own eyes are not enough for me. I will see through the eyes of others, I will become a thousand men and yet remain myself."
(paraphrased)

I have LOVED that quote for years. It say's SO much. I love to learn from others. They strengthen me, sustain me, and change me. Thank you to all who have shared the thoughts of their souls, that I might make it through my life and live it with more wisdom from you.

"Love is fire, that is the great secret. It is fire with a large F. It is DIVINE fire. When it is in you it lights you, all of you. And transforms. No self/induced flicker can compare with it."
~ Truman G. Madsen

"Art builds from pain, from misery, from a deep seated hurt. A monument to the human heart that shines like a Golden dome among roofs rain-glazed and leaden."
~Paul Muldoon

"The most important discovery of my career, the most important discovery of my life is that, it is ONLY in the mysterious equation of love that any logical reasons can be found."
~ (I'm still looking. Possibly Robert Schumann.)

"Mind & heart are the keys to knowing when the spirit is speaking. You FEEL what you're hearing. And it STAYS in your heart."
(My thoughts after reading Doctrine and Covenants 8:2-3)

"Happiness begins when selfishness ends."
~ John Wooden

"Treat a man as he is and he will remain as he is; treat a man as he can and should be, and he will become as he can and should be."
~ Johann von Goethe

"One of the most beautiful and painful gifts of mortality is Free Agency. One persons decision can alter the course of history...for better or for worse."
~ Some girl named Kim. :)

"If mutual affection cannot be, let the more loving one be me."
~ (I heard it on the t.v. show Felicity)

"There is a holiness to the hearts affection you know nothing about."
~ John Keats (quote is from the movie 'Bright Star')

"These are bad times. Idiots have stolen the moonlight. They cast their shadowy pomp wherever they wish."
~ Mark Strand

"Oppression gives rise to revolution."

"The greatest preperation for tomorrow is todays kindnesses."
~ George Durrant

"I knew it, and I knew God knew it, and I could not deny it."
~Joseph Smith

"Alot of people want to believe in God as long as He stays out of their hair."
~ Truman G. Madsen

"You always meet twice."
~ A proverb from somewhere. :)

"We are cowards all of us, and we allow ourselves to be hoodwinked and browbeaten and cheated out of our birthright."
~ Charles Edward Jefferson

"When God created the earth, he ended with His crowning jewel, which was glorious Mother Eve. Women are His crowing jewel."
~ Jack R. Christianson

"Men are that they might have joy...not guilt trips."
~ Russel M. Nielson (An apostle of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints."
(Ps. In our lives, when we make mistakes, guilt shouldn't be part of our vocabulary, I like the words "Godly sorrow" much better.)

"The time will come when you will fall in love. It will occupy all of your thoughts and be the stuff of which your dreams are made."
~President Gordon B. Hinckley

"It will be all the sweeter still because of the waiting and the longing.
~ President Boyd K. Packer (speaking of those who have waited on the Lord to find their companion and the REAL love that is given to those who have waited to find that pure love.")

"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."

~ My best friend, Jesus Christ.
(D&C 68:6)