Saturday, February 19, 2011

*Unconditional love makes you free"

I use to love the movie "Meet Joe Black." I probably still do, I just haven't watched it in a long time and really don't remember it. :) But a couple days ago I was reminded of these words from it and how much they reminded me of unconditional love,

Joe Black: ...But Allison loves you?
Quince: [Quince nods yes between stifled sobs]
Joe Black: How do you know?
Quince: Because she knows the worst thing about me and it's okay.
Quince: You're free! You're free to love each other completely,
totally. Just no fear. So there's nothing you don't know about each
other, and it's okay.

When someone knows so much about you, the things that maybe YOU think are the "worst things" about yourself, and they still love you and see beyond those things... that is when love takes on a whole new meaning. It becomes the PUREST form of love in all the world. That is real freedom, not confinement.