Sunday, March 13, 2011

*Peace for Japan*

On Friday, March 11, 2011 an 8.9 earthquake violently struck northern Japan. It also generated a devastating tsunami that wiped out most of city of Sendai. Oh the sadness of it all! To watch it played out on t.v. it's like a movie. I've never seen anything like tsunami! It looked like hell itself was coming after the land and people. I keep shaking my head and saying, "This can't be real." I have prayed for them and will continue to. I asked the Lord, "What is the most important thing that I can pray for?" And in my heart I feel it is that the people will feel a great sense of peace and calmness. In these circumstances this can only come from heaven and each other. Those who are trapped, I pray that they will feel peace until they are either rescued or return home to their Heavenly Father. Right now, that's all that most of us can do...pray and wait.

Before this happened, I had this song in my head all week. In a way I think it's very fitting. "Wait it out" by Imogen Heap. In life sometimes all we can do is wait...at other times, it's time to ACT.


Here is also something I watched today. The images are heart breaking. I love my brothers and sisters of Japan. God bless you.


Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy