Tuesday, May 10, 2011

*Mothers Day for a Queen*

Mothers Day is such a great opportunity to tell and show our moms how much they mean to us. I mean obviously we wouldn't be here without them and their sacrifice to bring us into this world. I love what Abraham Lincoln said of his mother,

"All I am, or can be, I owe to my angel mother. I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life."

I know my mom prays fervently for me and tells me so often that she would give up everything to see me healed and happy.

I think I've written this before on my blog, but my mom was given the gift of compassion. She really does love people and has this ability to make anyone feel comfortable. She is the heart of the home and when she isn't happy it is hard for us to be happy. She has suffered much in this life and yet continues to pick herself up and find cheer and gladness in the little things.

This last year has been horrific for me. Next to 2007 when I went through ECT...it comes in a close second as one of the worst years of my life. First I lost my dear friend Nate to suicide. I remember her checking on me several times in the nights that followed because I was having so many anxiety attacks and she would help me through them. It was hard for her too. She loved Nate and she worried about him too and it was a great loss for her as well. She has lost SO MANY loved ones...I don't know how she's survived that kind of pain without the help of heaven. She has been a brave woman for her Heavenly Father.

And then there was the lovely experience of having my intestines twisted and having to go through a very painful surgery to fix that. Every night she slept by my hospital bed, in those rediculous chairs that fold back into the form of lounge chair/bed and constantly squeak and are so uncomfortable! She slept in that because she didn't want to leave me. Those chairs are nightmares but she would laugh and laugh at how she couldn't even turn to the side without it popping up into a chair again. I felt so bad and kept telling her I'm fine! Go home, rest, and come back tomorrow. But she refused. She loves her children more than life and watching us each wade through tough times has taken it's toll on her. And then add the last 6 months where I have been in total hell and for her to have to watch me and feel so helpless could have put her in an early grave. I am thankful for her and pray for her happiness and greater strength to survive us..
to survive me! ha! I am so far from being the perfect daughter but she is quick to forgive and as patient as she can be with me. ;)
I hope she receives the blessings she so desires and is given greater peace over her children and grand children. Someday she will truly be crowned Queen Elizabeth. *wink wink*

I love you mom. Thanks for standing by me and teaching me to stand by our family. :) Happy Mothers day.